The EAP course caters for students who are about to commence degree courses
at QUT and aims to prepare students to attain the level of proficiency required
for gaining entrance to, and succeeding in, academic study programs at QUT.
Integrated course modules include:
- Academic reading and note-taking
- Academic writing
- Listening and note-taking from lectures
- Speaking in an academic setting
- Study skills
- Assignment preparation and Internet research skills
- Library research skills
The course has its own internal assessment, consisting of exams and assignments,
and successful students will meet QUT's English language requirements.*
To be eligible for entry, applicants are required to either:
(1) Successfully complete
the QUT International College EAP entry test
(2) Provide original documentary evidence of an IELTS score of a minimum 5.5 with reading and writing sub-scores of 5.5 and no other sub-scores less than 5.0 (or approved equivalent).
* Students who wish to gain entry into specified QUT degree programs that require an IELTS 7.0 may undertake the EAP Advanced or IELTS Advanced pathway.
For information relating to progression requirements from EAP into other QUT programs, click here.
*Students who require a student visa should check English language requirements
for a student visa from their country of origin (please see Department of Immigration and Citizenship).